Monday, December 10, 2012

OER

Open Educational Resources (OER) is a valuable tool that is available for teaching, learning, and research.  This resource provides little or no cost (ideal for college students especially).  All of the resources are reviewed and approved by professionals which makes it extremely beneficial and highly credible to any teacher who is trying to learn or research something new to spice up a lesson plan!  I was able to skim through a great deal of resources using OER for my future lessons as a teacher.  There is a great deal of Math & Social Studies quizzes, games, and even textbooks, as well as articles that will help ease me into teaching and making lesson plans.  The first thing I realized about OER was how the articles, games, and quizzes can become a great way of transitioning from a lecture on a subject into giving students a chance to actually use this hands-on technology to deeply understand the subject matter that was taught by myself.  I actually know a lot of teachers in Millcreek Township School District that look through Open Educational Resources before they make up their lesson plans.

I would reccomend OER to any future teacher and even to younger students who are trying to learn as much as they can about a subject matter of their desire.  It is a great tool to have for the present and the future and I look forward to using Open Educational Resources when my teaching career begins.  I'm happy that our class got a chance to check this online resource out.

No comments:

Post a Comment