Monday, October 1, 2012

PowerPoint (Terriffic)

Here's a video on Classroom Management in the Middle School Setting!

My blog experience was pretty cool. I figured that it was going to be a little tougher than I thought it would be, which got me really excited about my future in teaching and working with lesson plans.  I really enjoyed this project and I am pleased with the outcome.  My project outline began with teaching a 6th grade Social Studies classroom intermediate and cardinal directions, an introduction on great lakes, and an introduction on the regions of the United States.  I placed a practice quiz, an informative learning video, and a couple of independent works on my PowerPoint in order to make my lesson more hands on (method that we have learned is a more valuable learning for students).  In this PowerPoint project, we were required to give whom we were teaching a daily lesson objective. The daily lesson objective is a great way to get ready for class because it gives students an idea about what they will be learning in class and most likely in the future.

Presenting my project to my peers was also a valuable experience.  My peers were able to critique the things that I did well with and the things that I did poor with (very few).  I also enjoyed my peers presentations and I thought that they were all unique and creative.  All in all, it was a great experience and I am happy that we were given a chance to create a lesson objective and run with it!

Here's a video on a 6th Grade Social Studies classroom.
The teacher points out some great teaching methods that she does, Check it out! 

I thought that this would be a funny picture to post because we all tend to be confused in your classroom sometime Mr. Smith!

No comments:

Post a Comment